Forum

Le code source original de Prince of Persia retrouvé !

Le forum qui fait des émules parmi les papis gamers et qui rassemble toutes les infos sur les consoles "old-gen".

Modérateur: Modérateurs

Le code source original de Prince of Persia retrouvé !

Messagede shakanico » 30 Mar 2012, 10:06

Jordan Mechner may not be a name many of you know unless you are up-to-date with your video gaming history. He’s probably better known as the creator of Prince of Persia.

Since that release 23 years ago Mechner has gone on to develop the sequel, Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame and then joined Ubisoft to reinvigorate the series for a new audience in 2001. Along the way, he managed to misplace the original source code for that first Prince of Persia game and has been searching for it ever since.

Yesterday he found it, and the discovery is all thanks to his father. The three packs of 3.5″ Apple ProDOS disks had been safely stored away in a brown box along with a load of Amstrad copies of his 1984 game Karateka.

The problem he faces now is how to extract the code from those old 3.5″ disks to his MacBook Air, but he has a friend on board with the requisite skill set. The ultimate aim is to make the source code readable on modern machines, and hopefully after that he may be kind enough to release it for us all to see.

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/prin ... -20120329/

\o/
2017 : Constructor HD, Horizon zero dawn, Gravity rush 2, Halo wars 2, Nioh, Ghost recon Wildlands, Nier : Automata, South park, WipEout Omega collection, RDR2
shakanico
au choix
au choix

Gamertag: I Leguman I
ID PSN: Leguman87
ID Steam: leguman87

Re: Le code source original de Prince of Persia retrouvé !

Messagede CourageLoris » 30 Mar 2012, 14:24

"-Merde il est où ce fichier Papa ?
-C'est à quelle époque que tu l'as perdu ?
-Fin 80 début 90 il me semble.
-T'as regardé entre tes dossiers Jenna Jameson et Sarah Young ?
-..."

Merci le papa :bravo:
CourageLoris
Very Active Member
Very Active Member

Gamertag: Rorisu Hazuki
ID PSN: Rorisu_Hazuki

Retourner vers Nostalgie